2022 MAPLA Board nominations are open!
Nominations open now (deadline August 30th)
Requirements of MAPLA Board Service
- Must be a member of MAPLA
- Must be in a pre-law advising role (faculty or staff) at an accredited college or university
- Must be available for three in-person board meetings each year, held throughout the MAPLA region
- Must be reasonably able to devote the time needed to fulfil the board position expectations for which you are nominated
2022 Board Positions Open
- President-Elect – The President-Elect shall preside at meetings in the absence of the President. He or she shall assist the President in conducting the business of the Association, serve as program coordinator, and perform such other duties as may be assigned to them from time to time by the Board of Directors. The president-elect serves as conference chair and is responsible all aspects of planning and executing the MAPLA Conference. This is a 5–6-year commitment with 2 years as president-elect, 2 years as president, and 1-2 years as past-president. The president-elect and president also serve as the MAPLA representatives to the Pre-Law Advisors National Council. This position requires a significant time commitment. Those interested in this position are encouraged to talk with a current member of the MAPLA Board to learn more before seeking nomination.
- Secretary—The Secretary shall keep a record of the proceedings of all meetings of the Executive Committee and of the annual meeting. He or she shall perform such additional duties as may be assigned them by the Board of Directors. This is a two-year term.
- At-Large Director Positions (3 open)—each at-large board member plays a crucial role in the success of MAPLA. At-Large members are assigned to direct one of the MAPLA primary functions: Communications; Technology (webmaster, etc.); Caravan; Professional Development; Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion; Membership. These are two-year terms. Director assignments are made after election to the board, based on interest, aptitude, and need.