Membership in the Midwest Association of Pre-Law Advisors (MAPLA) is open to pre-law advisors from 2- and 4- year institutions. MAPLA is open to pre-law advisors in the Midwest region, which includes Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin, but pre-law advisors from any region are also welcome to join MAPLA. In addition, law school representatives from any ABA-approved law school are eligible for membership.
Membership in MAPLA begins September 1 and runs through August 31 of the following year. 2023 Membership fees:
- Pre-Law Advisors $40
- Law School Representative (single) $60
- Law School Institutional Membership (2 members) $100
- Law School Institutional Membership (3-5 members) $150
Current MAPLA members can access our password protected Member Content page. The current password is available to current MAPLA members in each month’s MAPLA Minute Newsletter.
Those interested in joining MAPLA can apply for membership in one of two ways:
- If NOT attending the virtual annual conference, complete the Membership Form.
- Register for for the MAPLA annual conference, which INCLUDES the membership fee for that particular year. In years the Pre-Law Advisors National Conference is held instead, PLANC registration includes annual MAPLA dues for that year.
For more information about joining MAPLA, please contact [email protected].