Membership in the Midwest Association of Pre-Law Advisors (MAPLA) is open to pre-law advisors from 2- and 4- year institutions. MAPLA is open to pre-law advisors in the Midwest region, which includes Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Ohio, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin, but pre-law advisors from any region are also welcome to join MAPLA. In addition, law school representatives from any ABA-approved law school are eligible for membership.
Membership in MAPLA begins September 1 and runs through August 31 of the following year. Membership fees:
- Pre-Law Advisors $40
- Law School Representative (single) $60
- Law School Institutional Membership (2 members) $100
- Law School Institutional Membership (3-5 members) $150
Those interested in joining MAPLA can apply for membership in one of two ways:
- If not attending the annual conference, complete the Membership Form.
- Registration for the MAPLA annual conference INCLUDES the membership fee for that particular year. In years the Pre-Law Advisors National Conference is held instead, PLANC registration includes annual MAPLA dues for that year.
- NOTE: Current members—as of May 1, 2020—will have their membership extended for 2020-21 for FREE! You do not need to complete a new membership form to take advantage of your free membership year. Your membership will automatically be rolled over.