Effective April 5, 2019
Information We Collect Automatically
If you visit our website to browse, read, or download information:
- Your web browser automatically sends us (and we may retain) information such as the:
- Internet domain through which you access the Internet (e.g., yourServiceProvider.com if you use a commercial Internet service provider, or yourSchool.edu if you use an Internet account from your school);
- Internet Protocol address of the computer you are using;
- type of browser software and operating system you are using;
- date and time you access our site; and
- the Internet address of the site from which you linked directly to our site.
- We will use this information as aggregate data to help us maintain this site, e.g., to determine the number of visitors to different sections of our site, to ensure the site is working properly, and to help us make our site more accessible and useful.
- We will not use this information to identify individuals, except for site security or law enforcement purposes.
- We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
Other Information We Collect
We use a third party service to manage membership and event registration and payment. When you use our online forms to pay membership dues or register for an event, the service may collect personally identifying information including your name, billing address, phone number, credit card information, and any other information you provide. We will use this information to try to fulfill your request and may use it provide you with additional information at a later time. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to MAPLA, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
MAPLA may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law.
How Long We Keep Information
We may keep information that will collect for an unlimited period of time.
Please note that electronic communication, particularly email, is not necessarily secure against interception. Please do not send sensitive data (e.g., credit card numbers) by email.
MAPLA welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that MAPLA has not adhered to this Statement, please contact Erin Reichelt, MAPLA Board Member, Technology