We look forward to gathering in September!
Our conference theme—MAPLA 2022 Together Again: Reclaiming and Reframing—celebrates our first in-person conference since the onset of COVID-19. Our conference theme also recognizes how the world and our roles have changed, and acknowledges that our meeting will be in Minneapolis, the epicenter of social, political, and legal transformation following the murder of George Floyd.
The following registration fees apply to both pre-law advisors and law school admission representatives (fee determined by when you register):
- June 1 – August 31, 2022: $250
- September 1 – September 28, 2022: $300
- September 29 and after: $350
Please note that registration includes one year membership to MAPLA.
The MAPLA Board is pleased to provide a limited number of scholarships for Pre-Law Advisors in need of financial assistance to attend the conference. Applications are now being accepted from Pre-Law Advisors who wish to attend the MAPLA Conference September 29-October 1, 2022 in Minneapolis, MN.
- Applications are due July 15, 2022 and awardees will be notified no later than August 1, 2022 (the conference early bird registration deadline is August 31, 2022)
- Scholarship awards will not exceed $1,000 and may be used to offset the cost of:
- Conference registration up to $210
- Travel to the conference
- Lodging expenses
- Incidental expenses including parking, meals not included in the conference, ground transportation, etc.
- Preference will be given to, though awards are not limited to:
- Advisors new to pre-law advising
- Advisors from the MAPLA region
- Those who have not yet received a conference scholarship
9/29 Law School Fair Registration (FAIR ONLY – conference registration is separate)
MAPLA makes every effort to secure the best possible rates for overnight accommodations for our conferences. These rates are part of a negotiated overall conference package that incorporates meeting room rental as well as other services associated with providing the conference. The MAPLA Conference saves money if the number of conference attendees staying at the host hotel meets or exceeds a negotiated minimum (which in turn helps keep registration fees from increasing), so please consider that when making your accommodation decisions at our host hotel, The Marquette, Minneapolis, MN (710 Marquette Avenue). Thank you.