Call for Proposals
Our conference theme, MAPLA 2023 Winds of Change, acknowledges the amount of uncertainty in our profession with test optional proposals, rankings changes, and continued upheaval as a result of the pandemic.
We welcome proposals from both new and veteran pre-law advisors as well as law school representatives! Proposals should reflect the conference theme.
Submit your conference proposal in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
- Proposals may not exceed 800 words
- Proposals are due May 15, 2023
- The Conference Programming Committee will make reasonable efforts to make program decisions by June 1.
A Few Things to Keep in Mind as you Develop your Proposal:
- Pre-Law Advising: Nuts and Bolts will be held on Thursday, September 21 for new advisors and those who want a refresher
- Plenary and concurrent sessions will be held Thursday morning and afternoon, Friday morning and afternoon, and Saturday morning.
- Conference sessions are typically 60-75 minute sessions, often featuring 2-4 speakers.
If you have an idea, but are not sure how to proceed, please contact Erin at [email protected] and we can offer you advice on how to develop your idea into a proposal!